EventGhost is a open-source automation tool for Windows, which can be extended with plugins. It is possible to use varius controllers as remote controllers to trigger macros, which then controlls a computer and its connected peripherals. When the user has configured everything needed, the software runs in the background and waits for an event. It is for example possible to controll a Media-PC with a normal remote control.
Example of events:
- Another software starts
- Another software (e.g. EventGhost on another computer), Girder or Netremote sends an event over TCP/IP
- A specific HTTP-request, made to the built in webserver
- Another software sending an event by ActiveX
Exempel of things to control:
- Controlling lights etc. wirelessly with a TellStick!
- Start a program on the computer
- Emulate a keypress
- Control the soundcard
- Move and resize a window
- Send IR commands to other peripherals